It was suggested to The Dom and Jane Show that we reveal unknown little bits about ourselves to the listeners. Just because we sprinkle our lives through out the show each morning, it doesn't mean that our listener family knows each of us very well. And I see in magazines all over the place a segment called "___ Things You Don't Know About Me". (The blank being whatever number of personal facts the author wants to dig up.) So I suggested to my morning show homies that we do 5 things about ourselves and share it with our delightful audiences.
Well, this was not wholly accepted as you can imagine. Jeremy thinks it's silly. Jane is on-board, but keeps forgetting to write her list. (In her defense, she lives on a farm and has a lot of cherry-pitting to do.) And Dom actually wrote his list of 5 things. While I haven't seen the list, I am hopeful that it is different from the 5 things I already DO know about him.
Here are my 5 nuggets.
I hope this helps you understand my color of crazy.
- I have been engaged twice. Once to an ill-tempered Italian man who, over the course of our relationship, flushed my engagement ring down a toilet, (I think), threatened the life of me and my dog, and eventually dumped me, via text message, because of a Cubs game. The second time was to the rebound of said ex-fiancé number one, a boring, balding guy who I relocated to Perrysburg, Ohio for. He dumped me 3 months before our wedding because he “thinks that money made the world go round, and I think that love makes the world go round.” I am sincerely happy that I didn’t marry either. I am certain I would be a 32 year old divorcee if I had.
- My education has been very blended. I have attended five colleges in three states, and two countries. And after all of that, I am a member of two different honor societies: The National Scholars Honor Society, and the Golden Key International Honor Society.
- One of the things I am most proud of is my time studying in London. I was in a theatre program at Shakespeare’s Globe, and it was a dream. I even got to perform on the stage of the Globe, I was Juliet in a selection from “Romeo and Juliet”.
- I believe in the magic and attraction of positive thinking. My favorite example is putting a position on the Dom and Jane Show on my vision board, and years ago, I even interviewed for my drrrrrream job. I was not hired at first, I was passed over for another girl… I even hung up on Dom freaking Testa when he called to tell me I didn’t get the job. But I never stopped envisioning my place on the show; and less than a year later Dom called me back, and I’ve been a member ever since. BAM.
- I know the lyrics to every single Jewel song. I would like to be friends with her.