Crock Pot Quinoa with Vegetables
1½ cups Quinoa
3 cups chicken or vegetable stock
1 small onion, chopped
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
1 small carrot, chopped
1 cup Fresh green beans chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 teaspoon fresh cilantro or basil (depending on your taste)
¼ teaspoon pepper
1. Rinse Quinoa
2. Dump it into the crock pot. (I used 6 quart)
3. Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil to coat.
4. Stir in broth, veggies, pepper and garlic. Reserve cilantro for before serving.
5. Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours, or on high for 2-4.
6. The quinoa is done when you can fluff it with a fork and it is tender. Liquid should be absorbed into quinoa.
7. Top with fresh cilantro and serve.
8. You can mix in garbanzo beans or black beans (or grilled chicken of you're a guy) to add protein to this dish and turn it into a meal
Thanks to momswithcrockpots.com for this healthy little pot of joy and goodness!