I am over the moon to be a part of the morning show. I am finally living proof of that old saying, “If you love what you do, you never have to work a day in your life.”
I was born in New York, although I call myself a Ken Caryl girl… A Chatfield graduate to be exact. And my many adventures have brought me everywhere from Europe to California. The stage of Shakespeare’s Globe, to the lights of the Las Vegas Strip. And after years of soul searching, two broken engagements, four different colleges, and millions of hours in the restaurant industry, here I am. Yappin yer ear off on Mix 100.
A quick breakdown of moi includes, but is not limited to:
1. I would gratefully eat sushi for each meal every day of my life if I could afford it.
2. My dirty little secrets include, but are not limited to: a full-on nail polish addiction, Bryan Fuller television series, live bar trivia, Goonies/Pretty Woman quotes, Daddy-Daughter meals, boxed-wine consumption, Marilyn Monroe and Beatles snapshot collecting, and The Gin Blossoms. I freaking love the Gin Blossoms.
3. My doggie, Kramer, is the cutest Shih Tzu on the planet; quite possibly the cutest dog in the world. It’s really not fair to other pups how ridiculously adorable my Kramer is.
4. Friends are my family, and my family is my life… And oh how I love to embarrass my sucker friends and family.
5. I, without fail, say what everyone is thinking but too scared to voice out loud. It’s a blessing… And a curse. (As I’m sure you know from listening to the show!)
Let's be friends! I'm good for a chuckle or three. And please, keep listening to Dom in the Morning with Emily and Jeremy weekday mornings for hours of laughs, stories, and general merriment. You, my dears, rock my world. Check out my Instagram, Facebook or blog below!
Just because I'm random and adorable, I'd like to present you with some of my favorite bus songs. Little rhymes I sang, accompanied by full hand slapping, in the back seat of the school bus with my sweet friends in the 3rd grade.
Special shout out to peeps from Round Hill Elementary School, Washingtonville New York.
With great power comes great responsibility. That is why this story irks me so.
You spread the love, lady. You knew what you were getting into. You don't move into the White House then cover it with tarps and post nasty grams in the yard, telling adoring fans to leave.
(Yes, I totally just compared the Goonies house to the White House.)
When little Rosie the kitten was found, she was frail and malnourished. The human family that rescued her worried that she wouldn't make it through her first night. But never send a human to do a dog's work, because that's when Lilo the husky stepped in to care for little Rosie. Slowly the kitten regained her health and strength, and today Rosie is a spunky kitsky… That's a kitten/husky.
Because not only does Rosie tag along with mom Lilo, but has other husky brothers and sisters, and she kinda thinks she's a pup.
Sometimes love is all you need.
This story make s me physically ill. My heart breaks for this innocent soul.
Being devastated, horrified, and enraged won’t change what happened. But match this act with love, because any little bit of good that you put out into the world will hopefully prevent something like this from ever happening again.
Dang I remember sitting on the floor of my mom's bedroom watching the 1996 Olympics gymnastics competition and freaking the eff out. There was nervous anticipation, there was yelling, and there was weeping. Today marks the 19th anniversary of Kerri Strug nailing her landing on the vault, causing a third-degree lateral sprain to her ankle and tendon damage, but cementing Team USA the Gold Medal over the Russians. I still get gooseys thinking about it.
There hasn't been a moment like it since. (IMHO.)
Epic, thy name is Kerri.
It only took me about 22 seconds before this video made me all misty. My two puppers are both senior citizens, with Rex being 15 and Kramer being 10, and I can't imagine life without my old men. I get it, that when you're adopting you want to maximize the time you have with your furry pal, but "elderly" dogs are just as worthy.
Enjoy this video, and imagine the smell of Bengay in your nostrils.