I am over the moon to be a part of the morning show. I am finally living proof of that old saying, “If you love what you do, you never have to work a day in your life.”
I was born in New York, although I call myself a Ken Caryl girl… A Chatfield graduate to be exact. And my many adventures have brought me everywhere from Europe to California. The stage of Shakespeare’s Globe, to the lights of the Las Vegas Strip. And after years of soul searching, two broken engagements, four different colleges, and millions of hours in the restaurant industry, here I am. Yappin yer ear off on Mix 100.
A quick breakdown of moi includes, but is not limited to:
1. I would gratefully eat sushi for each meal every day of my life if I could afford it.
2. My dirty little secrets include, but are not limited to: a full-on nail polish addiction, Bryan Fuller television series, live bar trivia, Goonies/Pretty Woman quotes, Daddy-Daughter meals, boxed-wine consumption, Marilyn Monroe and Beatles snapshot collecting, and The Gin Blossoms. I freaking love the Gin Blossoms.
3. My doggie, Kramer, is the cutest Shih Tzu on the planet; quite possibly the cutest dog in the world. It’s really not fair to other pups how ridiculously adorable my Kramer is.
4. Friends are my family, and my family is my life… And oh how I love to embarrass my sucker friends and family.
5. I, without fail, say what everyone is thinking but too scared to voice out loud. It’s a blessing… And a curse. (As I’m sure you know from listening to the show!)
Let's be friends! I'm good for a chuckle or three. And please, keep listening to Dom in the Morning with Emily and Jeremy weekday mornings for hours of laughs, stories, and general merriment. You, my dears, rock my world. Check out my Instagram, Facebook or blog below!
The weekend means two long, painful days without a little Morning Show love. So to keep us in your hearts, we have created a playlist your auditory pleasure. Play these tunes in the background of your weekend festivities, and know that we miss you too. Until Monday... Turn it up...
Love for every body, every size, color, bump, stretch, scar, dimple, and curve.
I have my good days and bad days when it come to body acceptance. But I'm hoping that the good days win over and the bad days become obsolete.
Bless these women for helping us all smile at what we see in the mirror.
Two of my favorite things in the world are acapella music and Michael Jackson.
Put them together and it’s close to perfection for me.
The only thing that would make this joyous six minutes better is if I had a nice Riesling and my pup Kramer in the studio with me right now.
Emilia Clarke plays Daenerys Targaryen on "Game of Thrones". She was on "The Graham Norton Show" this past weekend, and she talked about doing sex scenes with her co-star Jason Momoa, (that big hunk who played her husband Khal Drogo.) He wanted to lighten the mood when they filmed a rather difficult boom-boom scene, so he wore a "beautiful, pink, fluffy sock" to cover his junk. She said when she saw him, she thought, "It's huge, and it's pink, and I don't know what to do." Then she realized she just revealed the size of his junk... Hellllooooo.
When I leave the house, I often wonder what my two dogs do. Rex, the good dog, probably sits on the landing and stares at the door waiting for us loyally to return so he can show us how much he missed us. And I bet Kramer, my spoiled brat, breaks out the vodka, makes himself a martini, and watches Animal Planet.
This movie looks fffffffffantastic. Hurry up, July 2016!