Presale: Thursday, November 16 at 10:00am-10:00pm
On Sale: Friday, November 17 at 9:00am
New York-based brother band AJR is generating significant buzz with their unique blend of barbershop harmonies, dubstep beats, and internet-savvy lyrical references. The trio’s success with debut single “I’m Ready” has inevitably drawn comparisons to fellow brother outfit Hanson, but AJR’s eclectic sound and DIY approach put them in a category all their own. From bright handclaps and playful samples to energetic ukulele and guitar strumming, AJR have crafted an endlessly creative sound that always leaves fans wanting more on their unforgettable tours.
AJR is comprised of brothers Adam, Jack, and Ryan Met. The native New Yorkers got their start as street performers, playing covers of songs by the Beach Boys and Vampire Weekend in parks around Manhattan. The brothers released their debut single “I’m Ready” in 2013, tweeting it out to a number of celebrities in the hopes of getting discovered. The tactic worked — the song caught the eye of SIA, who helped AJR secure a management deal. As the group’s reputation continued to grow, they made their first TV appearances with performances on Good Day New York and VH1’s Big Morning Buzz show. In late 2013 AJR released the I’m Ready EP, a solid debut that earned them opening slots on tour with big-name acts like Demi Lovato and the Wanted. A rising young act with talent to the gills, AJR have ticket buyers eagerly awaiting their upcoming tour dates.
- Cost more than $180 million in private funds to build across 21 months
- Site Acreage: 45 acres
- Square Footage: 675,000
- Opened October 1, 1999 with Celine Dion in concert
- The Grand Atrium sculpture weighs 2,000 pounds, cost $75,000 and is 1.5 times life size
- It takes over 1,000 staff members to run an event
- Owned and operated by Kroenke Sports & Entertainment
SEATING AT BALL ARENA
- Concerts: 20,000+ depending on stage configuration
- Basketball: 19,520
- Hockey: 17,809
- Lacrosse: 17,809
- Special Events: 21,000
- Suites: 95 luxury suites that can accommodate 12 – 16 people
- There are 149 panes of .5″ thick glass that surround the hockey rink, weighing between 50 and 250 pounds apiece. It takes 2 forklifts and 8 people 45 minutes to “hang” the entire rink.
- Each net hung on the ends of the rink has a lifespan of only 33 games.
- For other events in the building, the ice is covered with approximately 600 pieces of a 1″ thick fiberglass board.
- Cost of the basketball court is $105,000.00.
- Each basketball stanchion weighs approximately 3,300 pounds and is anchored into the basketball floor to prevent it from being tipped over.
- Each net on the basketball goals is replaced every 5 games or as needed.
- There are 233 pieces to the basketball floor – each weighing approximately 185 pounds. The total weight of the entire basketball floor is 41,625 pounds.
- The Mammoth carpet consists of 14 – 15′ wide rolls of Astroturf and is .75″ thick.
- It takes 12 people only 25 minutes to lay the field.