For self-proclaimed elder millennial and stand-up comedian Iliza Shlesinger, her first big break of winning NBC’s reality competition “Last Comic Standing” feels distant, but not something she’ll ever truly forget.
“I can’t imagine anyone winning a contest on national TV with a bunch of money and ever feeling super bad about it unless it’s some sort of ‘Squid Game’ thing,” Shlesinger said in a recent phone interview.
In 2008, Shlesinger became the first woman and youngest contestant to take the title of “Last Comic Standing.” Since then, she’s released six Netflix specials, including the latest “Iliza Shlesinger: Hot Forever,” and hosts her weekly podcast “Ask Iliza Anything,” a free-flowing show consisting of advice she gives to listeners. The comedian has also dabbled in film, including her costar role with Mark Walberg and Winston Duke on the Peter Berg-directed Netflix movie, “Spenser Confidential.”
Now, she’s preparing for a headlining gig at Ball Arena in Denver! – Press-Enterprise
- Cost more than $180 million in private funds to build across 21 months
- Site Acreage: 45 acres
- Square Footage: 675,000
- Opened October 1, 1999 with Celine Dion in concert
- The Grand Atrium sculpture weighs 2,000 pounds, cost $75,000 and is 1.5 times life size
- It takes over 1,000 staff members to run an event
- Owned and operated by Kroenke Sports & Entertainment
SEATING AT BALL ARENA
- Concerts: 20,000+ depending on stage configuration
- Basketball: 19,520
- Hockey: 17,809
- Lacrosse: 17,809
- Special Events: 21,000
- Suites: 95 luxury suites that can accommodate 12 – 16 people
- There are 149 panes of .5" thick glass that surround the hockey rink, weighing between 50 and 250 pounds apiece. It takes 2 forklifts and 8 people 45 minutes to "hang" the entire rink.
- Each net hung on the ends of the rink has a lifespan of only 33 games.
- For other events in the building, the ice is covered with approximately 600 pieces of a 1" thick fiberglass board.
- Cost of the basketball court is $105,000.00.
- Each basketball stanchion weighs approximately 3,300 pounds and is anchored into the basketball floor to prevent it from being tipped over.
- Each net on the basketball goals is replaced every 5 games or as needed.
- There are 233 pieces to the basketball floor - each weighing approximately 185 pounds. The total weight of the entire basketball floor is 41,625 pounds.
- The Mammoth carpet consists of 14 - 15' wide rolls of Astroturf and is .75" thick.
- It takes 12 people only 25 minutes to lay the field.
VENUE MANAGEMENTDenver-based Kroenke Sports & Entertainment is one of the world’s leading ownership, entertainment and management groups. As owners and operators of Ball Arena, Paramount Theatre, Dick’s Sporting Goods Park, the Denver Nuggets (NBA), Colorado Avalanche (NHL), Colorado Mammoth (NLL) and Colorado Rapids (MLS), KSE’s sports and entertainment assets are second to none. Additional properties under the KSE umbrella include Altitude Sports & Entertainment, a 24-hour regional television network and Altitude Authentics, the company’s official retail provider.
Denver, CO 80204