New Kids On The Block is coming back to Denver, you can catch the with Paula Abdul and DJ Jazzy Jeff at Ball Arena June 28th!
The band became popular in the late 1980s to 1990s with top hits like “Hangin’ Tough” and “Step By Step.” The group started out in Boston and turned into a sensation with sold-out shows and more than 80 million albums sold worldwide.
The band dismembered in 1994 but came back to record a 2008 album. On Nov. 3, they are releasing a revamped version of their 2008 album “The Block Revisited” to celebrate their 15-year return to the music scene.
- Cost more than $180 million in private funds to build across 21 months
- Site Acreage: 45 acres
- Square Footage: 675,000
- Opened October 1, 1999 with Celine Dion in concert
- The Grand Atrium sculpture weighs 2,000 pounds, cost $75,000 and is 1.5 times life size
- It takes over 1,000 staff members to run an event
- Owned and operated by Kroenke Sports & Entertainment
SEATING AT BALL ARENA
- Concerts: 20,000+ depending on stage configuration
- Basketball: 19,520
- Hockey: 17,809
- Lacrosse: 17,809
- Special Events: 21,000
- Suites: 95 luxury suites that can accommodate 12 – 16 people
- There are 149 panes of .5″ thick glass that surround the hockey rink, weighing between 50 and 250 pounds apiece. It takes 2 forklifts and 8 people 45 minutes to “hang” the entire rink.
- Each net hung on the ends of the rink has a lifespan of only 33 games.
- For other events in the building, the ice is covered with approximately 600 pieces of a 1″ thick fiberglass board.
- Cost of the basketball court is $105,000.00.
- Each basketball stanchion weighs approximately 3,300 pounds and is anchored into the basketball floor to prevent it from being tipped over.
- Each net on the basketball goals is replaced every 5 games or as needed.
- There are 233 pieces to the basketball floor – each weighing approximately 185 pounds. The total weight of the entire basketball floor is 41,625 pounds.
- The Mammoth carpet consists of 14 – 15′ wide rolls of Astroturf and is .75″ thick.
- It takes 12 people only 25 minutes to lay the field.