As more families are remote learning, we know there is a need for laptops, books, and supplies. Once per month, December through February – MIX 100 will award one lucky family the $500 Gebhardt BMW Accelerate Home Education grant!
Working with our compassionate community, we will end pet homelessness and animal suffering.
When our organization was founded in 1910, it was named after a London, England, animal welfare group called “Our Dumb Friends League.” In those days, the term “dumb” was widely used to refer to animals because they lacked the power of human speech. Today, the Dumb Friends League, headquartered in Denver, is the largest community-based animal welfare organization in the Rocky Mountain region—providing a strong, compassionate and steadfast voice for those who cannot speak for themselves.
The Dumb Friends League is an independent, local, nonprofit organization. We are not an affiliate of any national animal welfare organizations.
As part of a compassionate community, we:
- Rescue sick, injured and neglected animals
- Investigate cases of neglect and mistreatment
- Provide shelter, veterinary care, and behavior and training programs to homeless companion animals and horses
- Adopt homeless pets and horses to new homes
- Reduce pet overpopulation through mobile spay and neuter projects in underserved areas
- Offer learning opportunities for the public to keep more pets in homes
- Educate children and adults about animals and their needs