The 2020 Colorado Avalanche Charity Brunch, presented by Cigna, hosted by the Avs Better Halves, is Sunday, February 23rd at the Hyatt Regency Aurora. Enjoy brunch and a fashion show with the Avalanche players escorting children who have overcome medical challenges. Proceeds benefit community programs of Kroenke Sports Charities.
Armory Performing Arts Center Brighton, Colorado
Central Presbyterian Church Denver, Colorado
This concert celebrates the 100th Anniversary of the 19th amendment granting ALL women the right to vote. The Denver Women’s Chorus will celebrate the suffrage movement, voting rights and promote civic engagement during the 2020 presidential election cycle.
ASL-INTERPRETED PERFORMANCE JANUARY 25th 2:00pm
ASL interpreters will be located near the stage for patrons who are deaf or hard of hearing, seated in an area of the venue that gives the best sightlines to follow the interpretation and the action on stage.
Working with our compassionate community, we will end pet homelessness and animal suffering.
When our organization was founded in 1910, it was named after a London, England, animal welfare group called “Our Dumb Friends League.” In those days, the term “dumb” was widely used to refer to animals because they lacked the power of human speech. Today, the Dumb Friends League, headquartered in Denver, is the largest community-based animal welfare organization in the Rocky Mountain region—providing a strong, compassionate and steadfast voice for those who cannot speak for themselves.
The Dumb Friends League is an independent, local, nonprofit organization. We are not an affiliate of any national animal welfare organizations.
As part of a compassionate community, we:
- Rescue sick, injured and neglected animals
- Investigate cases of neglect and mistreatment
- Provide shelter, veterinary care, and behavior and training programs to homeless companion animals and horses
- Adopt homeless pets and horses to new homes
- Reduce pet overpopulation through mobile spay and neuter projects in underserved areas
- Offer learning opportunities for the public to keep more pets in homes
- Educate children and adults about animals and their needs