Working with our compassionate community, we will end pet homelessness and animal suffering.
When our organization was founded in 1910, it was named after a London, England, animal welfare group called “Our Dumb Friends League.” In those days, the term “dumb” was widely used to refer to animals because they lacked the power of human speech. Today, the Dumb Friends League, headquartered in Denver, is the largest community-based animal welfare organization in the Rocky Mountain region—providing a strong, compassionate and steadfast voice for those who cannot speak for themselves.
The Dumb Friends League is an independent, local, nonprofit organization. We are not an affiliate of any national animal welfare organizations.
As part of a compassionate community, we:
- Rescue sick, injured and neglected animals
- Investigate cases of neglect and mistreatment
- Provide shelter, veterinary care, and behavior and training programs to homeless companion animals and horses
- Adopt homeless pets and horses to new homes
- Reduce pet overpopulation through mobile spay and neuter projects in underserved areas
- Offer learning opportunities for the public to keep more pets in homes
- Educate children and adults about animals and their needs
Join The Denver Gay Men’s Chorus as they take you around the world with holiday songs from Austria to South Africa, Disneyland to Australia, Canada and beyond! The DGMC Annual Holiday Spectacular is always a crowd-pleaser with dancing, incredible sets, stunning costumes and beautiful choral music you’ve come to expect from DGMC. Grab your passport and take a trip around the world with the Denver Gay Men’s Chorus! Plus, buy a raffle ticket and get a chance to win a 4-night trip to Vienna, Austria!
Red Ball is a cutting-edge fashion and hair experience to raise awareness for World AIDS Day and to support services provided by Colorado Health Network.
The event showcases high-end fashion from talented local designers, innovative and avant-garde hairstyles and pulls in over 80 local models to produce an evening of style and flair, unlike anything you’ve ever seen.
Sunday, December 1, 2019
EXDO Event Center, Denver Colorado