MIX 100’s Secret Sounds of Summer Contest pres. by Precision Plumbing, Heating, Cooling & Electric
Secret Sounds of Summer kicks off Monday morning at 8:30am — listen for the secret Colorado sound, guess it correct & win the jackpot! Starting at $500, incorrect guesses add $100 to the pot until we get a winner! Play at 8:30a, 12:30p & 3:30p for your chance to win some BIG SUMMER CASH!
SOUND #4 (Thursday, July 1st, 2021)
“MIX 100 Secret Sounds of Summer” Contest
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THE GRAND PRIZE; A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
- Eligibility. The MIX 100 Secret Sounds of Summer Contest (the “Contest”) is open only to legal residents of the state of Colorado who are eighteen (18) years of age or older at the time of entry (each, an “Eligible Entrant”). Employees, officers and directors (including immediate family members (child (biological, foster or adoptive), sibling, or parent (biological, foster or adoptive), and their respective spouses/domestic partners, regardless of where they reside) and members of the same household, whether or not related) of Sponsor (defined below), KSE Media Ventures, LLC, Kroenke Sports & Entertainment, LLC and each of their respective parents, affiliated companies, subsidiaries, licensees, divisions, advertising and promotion agencies, and any and all other companies associated with the Contest (collectively, the “Contest Entities”) are not eligible to participate or win a Prize. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws, rules and regulations. Void where prohibited or restricted by law, rule or regulation. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest, including but not limited to the administration and operation of the Contest and the selection of Winners (defined herein). Winning a Prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
- Contest Period. The Contest will begin Monday, June 14, 2021 at 8:30am and end Friday, July 16, 2021 at 6:00pm (the “Contest Period”). During the Contest Period, there will be several Guessing Periods. A “Guessing Period” means the time from when Sponsor randomly selects a Secret Sound (defined below) and solicits guesses for such Secret Sound until an Eligible Entrant correctly guesses such Secret Sound. Sponsor reserves the right to extend or shorten the Contest Period or any Guessing Period at its sole discretion, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest for any reason in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor’s clock shall be the official clock of the Contest. All times listed are in Mountain Time.
- Objective. The purpose of the Contest is to promote listening to MIX 100 (the “Station”) and offer listeners a fun opportunity to win money. Prior to the start of the Contest, Sponsor will record various sounds at locations around the Denver metro area (each, a “Secret Sound”). During the Contest Period, the Station will play a Secret Sound three times per day, Monday through Friday between the hours of 8:30am and 6:00pm and Listeners will be asked to call the Station to guess the what the Secret Sound is. Once the Secret Sound is played, the 13th caller to call the Station (the “13th Caller”) will have the opportunity to guess the Secret Sound. The Station will continue to play the Secret Sound and solicit entries until a 13th Caller correctly guesses the Secret Sound, which will end the first Guessing Period. The next Guessing Period will start with a new Secret Sound and continue until a 13th Caller correctly guesses that Secret Sound to end the second Guessing Period. Such process will repeat until the end of the Contest Period. During each Guessing Period, the Secret Sound will also be posted on the Station website at mix100.com.
- How to Enter. An Eligible Entrant may only enter the Contest by calling the Station in accordance with the following:
Sponsor will play a Secret Sound as the cue on-air for listeners to call the Station at 303-691-1649 up to three (3) times per day between the hours of 8:30AM and 6:00PM, Monday through Friday for each Guessing Period. After the Secret Sound is played, the 13th Caller will be asked to guess the Secret Sound for such Guessing Period. If the guess is correct, the Caller will be a “Winner” of the current cash amount of the Prize (defined below) for that Guessing Period. Eligible Entrants may enter the Contest an unlimited number of times during the Contest Period, but entrants can only win a Prize twice during the Contest Period. Should any Winner not meet the eligibility criteria or be found, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, to not comply with these Official Rules, such Winner will be disqualified.
No other form of entry will be accepted other than as described above. In the event of dispute over the identity of an Eligible Entrant, an entry will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the phone number used to call the Station and the potential Winner may be required to provide identification sufficient to show that he/she is the authorized account holder of such phone number. The “authorized account holder” is deemed the natural person who is assigned to the phone number in question by the applicable telephone provider, service provider or other organization that is responsible for assigning phone numbers to telephone accounts. It is solely the responsibility of the entrant to notify the Sponsor in writing if the entrant changes his or her phone number, e-mail or postal address. Sponsor is not responsible for late, lost, illegible, damaged, misdirected, incomplete or otherwise invalid entries. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entry that it deems, in its sole discretion, to be a violation of the Official Rules.
- Prize Descriptions; General Prize Terms.
- Prize Descriptions. Each Winner will receive the current cash amount of the prize for the corresponding Guessing Period (each a “Prize” and collectively, the “Prizes). During each Guessing Period, the approximate retail value (“ARV”) of each Prize will begin at $500 and will be increased by $100 each time a 13th Caller guesses incorrectly. There will be one (1) Winner per Guessing Period. There will be a minimum of one (1) Winner and a maximum of thirty (30) Winners, depending on how many Guessing Periods take place during the Contest Period.
- General Prize Terms. The right to receive the Prize is non-transferable and non-assignable. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute any Prize (or any portion thereof) with one of comparable or greater value at its sole and absolute discretion. Each Prize will be awarded in the form of a company check from Sponsor. Prize checks will be mailed to the Winner’s mailing address given to the on-air personality at the time that such Winner is announced. Sponsor is not responsible for the safe arrival of a Prize and Prize is deemed received upon mailing of the Prize.
All federal, state, or local taxes associated with a Prize awarded in connection with the Contest are the Winner’s responsibility. A form 1099 may be issued based on the value of the Prize as required by law. The Winner will be required to prove eligibility, including, without limitation, proof of age, residence and identity, which may include submitting a copy of a driver’s license, passport or similar government issued identification and to execute and return any required affidavit of eligibility and/or liability/publicity release (and, if requested, agrees to comply with any additional reasonable requests from Sponsor to establish a Winner’s eligibility). To the extent requested, all such forms will be completed and returned within fourteen (14) days or Sponsor may disqualify a Winner.
- Release; Winner Publicity Release. By participating in the Contest, each entrant agrees to release and hold harmless the Contest Entities from and against any and all claims, injuries, damages or losses that may occur, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from the participation in the Contest or from the receipt or use of a Prize awarded. Each entrant (irrespective of whether or not such entrant wins the Prize), grants to each of the Contest Entities an independent, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, fully transferrable, non-exclusive, worldwide right (but not obligation) and license to publicize and use such entrant’s name, address (city and state of residence), photograph, voice and/or other likeness and the Prize information for any purpose, including for advertising, marketing and publicity purposes, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, without additional compensation or consideration, notification or permission, unless prohibited by law.
- General. Failure by Sponsor to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. The Contest Entities (i) do not make any warranty, guaranty or representation of any kind concerning the Contest or the Prize (other than as expressly set forth herein) and (ii) to the extent permitted by law, disclaim any and all express and implied warranties (including, without limitation, quality, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose) relating to the Contest and the Prize.
The Contest Entities are not responsible for stolen, late, incomplete, illegible, misdirected, lost, damaged, garbled, delayed, undelivered, inaccurate, postage-due or garbled entries, through e-mail or mail. Entries generated by a script, macro or other mechanical or automated means or by any means which subvert the entry process will be disqualified. The Contest Entities are not responsible for lost, interrupted or unavailable network, server, Internet service provider, website, or other connections, availability or accessibility or miscommunications or failed computer, satellite, telephone or cable transmissions, lines, or technical failure or jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected transmissions or computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures or difficulties, or other errors or difficulties of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic, computer, network, typographical, printing or otherwise relating to or in connection with the Contest, including, without limitation, errors or difficulties which may occur in connection with the administration of the Contest, the processing of entries, the announcement of the Prize or in any Contest-related materials. The Contest Entities are also not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by website users, tampering, hacking, or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest. The Contest Entities are not responsible for injury or damage to entrants’ or to any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in this Contest or downloading materials from or use of the website.
Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any person (including an entrant) Sponsor suspects or finds: (i) to have tampered with the entry/selection process or the operation of Contest; (ii) to be acting in a disruptive manner, or with the intent to disrupt or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest, or with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person; (iii) to display behavior that will bring Sponsor or Contest Entities into disgrace; (iv) to have provided inaccurate information on any legal documents submitted in connection with Contest; or (v) to be acting in violation of these Official Rules. Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or modify the Contest if fraud or other difficulties compromise the integrity of the Contest, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to modify these Official Rules for clarification purposes without materially affecting the terms and conditions of the Contest. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY A WINNER WILL RESULT IN SUCH WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS A WINNER OF THE CONTEST AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS A WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
- Indemnity; Disputes. By participating in the Contest, all entrants agree to indemnify and hold harmless each of the Contest Entities from any and all liability arising out of or relating in any way to the entrant’s participation in the Contest. Except where prohibited by law, each entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest or any Prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the State and Federal courts located in the County of Denver, State of Colorado; (2) ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND AWARDS SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED, INCLUDING COSTS ASSOCIATED WITH PARTICIPATING IN THIS CONTEST AND/OR RECEIVING A PRIZE, BUT IN NO EVENT ATTORNEYS’ FEES; AND (3) UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL ENTRANT BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN AWARDS FOR, AND ENTRANT HEREBY WAIVES ALL RIGHTS TO CLAIM, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL AND CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES AND ANY OTHER DAMAGES, OTHER THAN FOR ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET EXPENSES, AND ANY AND ALL RIGHTS TO HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCREASED. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of an entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Colorado without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Colorado or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State Colorado. If any provision of these Official Rules is declared invalid or unenforceable, such provision will be deemed modified to the extent necessary and possible to render it valid and enforceable. In any event, the unenforceability or invalidity of any provision will not affect any other provision of these Official Rules, and these Official Rules will continue in full force and effect, and be construed and enforced, as if such provision had not been included, or had been modified as described above, as the case may be. Entrants hereby irrevocably consent to the personal jurisdiction of said courts and waive any claim of forum non conveniens or lack of personal jurisdiction that they may have.
- Sponsor. The sponsor of this Contest is KSE Radio Ventures, LLC, 720 S. Colorado Blvd, Suite 1200 North Tower, Denver, Colorado 80246.
- Winner List. For the list of the Winners, mail a self-addressed stamped envelope to: Winner- “MIX 100 Secret Sounds of Summer”, MIX 100 Radio, 720 S. Colorado Blvd, Suite 1200 North Tower, Denver, Colorado 80246. All requests must be received by no later than thirty (30) days after the end of the Contest Period.